Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Day 1: from Miami to Ibiza (but not really)

Hey everybody!
First things first, thanks for reading my blog, you're awesome! Okay that's enough about you, more about me:

So this blog is a way for me to keep all you lovely people up to date with my Spanish adventures. I can't promise it will be well written... or G Rated... but I can promise that it will be entertaining!

I've literally had dreams of coming back to Spain ever since I had my 2 week Spanish Fiesta with my bestie Val. And everytime I woke up from the dream I was depressed that I was still in the US and not in Spain. AKA this trip is a true dream come true! Big shout out to my mom and dad for helping me out to make this trip possible! Words cannot express my excitement. I can't wait to visit Plaza Mayor again in Madrid and walk around and look at all the amazing masterpieces in the Prado Museum tomorrow. Did I say TOMORROW?? Damn, it still doesn't feel real yet. Maybe when I'm sitting in the Plaza Mayor drinking Sangria it will all finally feel real.

Anywho, back to the present moment:
So I am sitting in the Miami International Airport and I have had the biggest smile on my face ever since I got here. I was even smiling during the 45 minute security line! Clearly I am one happy world traveler right now, can you blame me??

I am immediately enraptured by everyone I see because they all speak foreign languages and are mostly all Euopean so they dress fancy/strange (like men in capris with cartilage ear piercing). But whatevs, I'm into it :)

Currently, I'm sitting next to an elderly Spanish couple and am very tempted to join their conversation but have to remind myself that they aren't nearly as excited about life as I am right now and they might think I'm some insane white chick butchering their madre lengua (Spanglish alert!).

Since I haven't really done anything all that exciting yet,  I will leave you with a list of goals that I have for my 6 week adventure:
-Speak oodles of Spanish
-Meet hot Spanish men (my Aunt Lisa told me to kiss them... I'll work on that too)
-Eat and learn how to cook delicious Spanish food
-Say yes to as many opportunities as possible
-Make tons of new friends
-Take a million photos

Time to board the plane!

Hasta luego,
Raquel

PS
Sorry for the lack of photos but I made this post from my iPhone since the airport didn't have free wifi (which by the way, they pronounce it "Weefee" in Spain LOL)

2 comments:

  1. Cant wait to read your blog all throughout your trip. Have a safe flight chica. And be safe. Dont share a taxi with anyone!!! Remember the movie Taken!!! Haha!!!

    Hasta Luego,

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ray! I'm so excited for you. I have been blessed to hit Spain 3 times in my life and I loved it each and every time. Being there for an extended period will allow you so many more opportunities and I know you'll take advantage of them. I would avoid saying yes to things like cocaine and...well other things that I won't write on your blog. :) If you have the chance...Valencia is AMAZING. Less touristy than Madrid/Seville/Barcelona and I feel like you really get to experience truly speaking Spanish because far fewer people speak English. :) There is plenty to do there too as it is the 3rd largest city in Spain and has the world's 3rd largest aquarium. And it has a beach which you might miss after a while. Just ask Chelsea Riffe...or maybe don't cause she'll ramble even longer about our beloved Valencia.

    ReplyDelete