Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Dia 24: Alhambra y Generalife

¿Que pasa Mufasa? 

After having only 3 1/2 hours of sleep, we woke up and headed to the top of the main hill in Granada to have a tour of the Alhambra and El Generalife.

I have visited both of these sights before and it was one of my favorite tours because everything is so beautifully made and kept. First we toured the gardens of the Generalife. They were just as gorgeous as I remembered. We had a tour guide who was giving us lots of fun facts and history about the area PERO in order to hear him we had to wear headphones and carry this walkie talkie thing. This was too much head gear for me because I was trying to take photos and be in photos which meant I was continually having to remove all of that junk for pictures and then put it all back on to hear him. Eventually, I got exhausted of this nonsense and just focused on enjoying the beauty and decided that I remembered enough from my first tour. Here are some of the gems I captured:

 (totes love this picture to death)


 (in a dream)




 (I am one with the yellow flowers)

 (the most photographed view in the Generalife, I've had legit Spanish Textbooks with this exact picture in them)





There's not much that I can say about the gardens because I feel like my photos speak for themselves. Everything we toured was originally constructed by the Muslims that had conquered Spain in the 700s.

After we taking a million photos in the Generalife we got slightly behind schedule and kind of had to rush through the Alhambra. What did they expect? We are trying to enjoy in all the beautiful landscape! Last time I was at the Alhambra they were restoring the Plaza de los Leones, but they have since finished the restoration project so I was able to get a picture with it.

Even though I didn't really listen to the historical facts from the tour guide I still loved it because everything is so picturesque and beautiful.

 (Alhambra)

 (oooooOOOOO)

 (reflection perfection)

 (fuente de leones)




(crazy ass rose)

Then we headed back into the city to have lunch. I got a Schwarma with some friends (basically a pita pocket). It was mighty tasty. We then proceeded to wander around the city and complain about how we didn't want to leave because we desperately wanted to go out to the clubs again. Sadly, we did have to leave. Although I am triste, I know I will deff be back to Granada in the future.

When we got home we were exhausted from our slightly uncomfortable naps on the bus so we just chilled out and went to sleep early.

Hasta la pasta,
Raquel

3 comments:

  1. Tu vestido contra las flores es muy guay! Bella! Sigue blogiando! (Is that a word? It is now!)

    ReplyDelete