Monday, June 10, 2013

Dia 26-28: Piragüismo y Compras

Hollllaaaaa,

Heavens to betsy I haven't blogged in a hot minute. So much to catch up on!

Alright, on Monday nothing really spectacular happened. I spent the morning preparing for exams and doing homework. Que asco. However, we did play futbol again that afternoon and it was very fun as always. This time there were tons of people because of the new ISA group that arrived with 96 people. Yes. 96 people. It is pretty insane in the membrane. We played 4 minute games and whichever team scored a goal got to stay. Fortunately, pero un poco unfortunately, my team had several experienced players. Well this meant that they realized that I kind of suck pretty quickly, and my lack of skills is even more subrayado by my shoes with zero traction. I did the classic "banana peel slip" several times..... and then they stopped passing me the ball. Shvatever. No pasa nada, right? 



After futbol we went and had a beer and some caracoles and then I went home and had dinner with the family and continued studying for my tests.

Tuesday I had the exam in my literature class. Blah blah. Let's fast forward to the good stuff. AFTER the test, we had 45 minutes until our next class so Laura, Michelle and I went and sat in the Plaza del Pan to have some cafe. While we were sitting there, a group of pretty guapo hombres sat at the table next to us and we could tell they were sort of listening to our conversation. Well when Laura told me she was out till 6am the night before I exclaimed "SIX??!!". This got the boys attention, especially because they thought I said "SEX?!?!". One of them said "Sex?? I love sex!". We were cracking up. Typical Espanoles. I did correct them and said "No, dije seis"..... that was probably my opportunity to find out their names, but alas I didn't take advantage of it. CLARO I will be going back to this plaza for cafe at that same time in the near future. 

In the afternoon we had a Piragüismo excursion (canoeing excursion) and it was AWESOME! We all partnered up and canoed the Guadalquivir (the river that runs through Sevilla). My partner was MJ, lucky me!!!!! It was a perfect day and the temperature of the water was AMAZING. I jumped in three separate times and swam around while MJ just watched me. It was sooo refreshing. We canoed around and were a pretty good little team saying "Izquierda, derecha, izquierda, derecha". Then we sang songs together to pass the time. It turns out MJ is a big fan of Milkshake by Kelis which I was totes down with belting out at other random passerbys on the rio. 

(the canoeing dream team)

After our excursion, I went and got helado with friends at Rayas. This time I had chocolate con trozos. QUE RICO!!!!!


After dinner, I met up with Esteban to have drinks in La Alameda de Hercules at 1130pm. We went to that same bar as before that sells beers for 0.80 euro and hung out on the street and just chatted about life and our families... gotta love Esteban. Even though I had a test the next morning in my culture class, zero effs given because solo vives una vez en Sevilla y tengo que aprovechar esta oportunidad y no perder el tiempo en casa estudiando. 

On Wednesday, I met up with Rachel and Hannah in the Plaza del Pan to study for nuestro examen en la clase de cultura. Before we went to the Cafeteria (coffee shop) we stopped at a SuperSol (market) and bought these cookies called Principe (prince). They are so damn good and are only 1 euro for a whole sleeve!!! #winning.



We sat in the sun and talked about Franco's dictatorship and the transition to a democracy. I saw those same cute boys again, but we weren't sitting very close to each other so there was no interaction this time. PERO NEXT TIME IT'S GOING DOWWWNNN.

In the afternoon, I met up with some girls to go shopping and then have drinks/tapas for dinner. I wasn't supposed to buy anything PERO una otra prenda de pantalones de "party" caught my eye and I couldn't resist. This pair has palm trees and hibiscus flowers and parrots on them. Estad Unid ain't ready for my party pants baby! After meandering several stores, we went and had Happy Hour drinks at Cien Montaditos. Two beers later, I brought the girls to the same bar that MJ and Juan had showed me after the Corrida de Toros that had the DELISH Piripi tapa. 

I ordered two Piripis and a beer and the bartender was flirting with us so we got a free order of olives and garlic cloves. NOM NOM NOM. Quite the successful night. 





(mama likey Piripi)

I went home and packed my bag for ROMMAAAA!!!!!!!!!! 4 day weekend here I come!!

Hasta luego,
Raquel

1 comment: